Heartbeat is committed to the provision of Home and Community Care support services from within a wellness framework and the Home Care Standards.
Heartbeat is seeking male and female compassionate, flexible and multi-skilled care workers with good written and verbal communication skills to meet the varied support needs of individual clients.
Within this role the successful applicant will have the opportunity to encourage and work with clients to meet their identified goals and assist them to remain living independently in their own homes and access the community.
When working in the community it is so important to stop and think how valuable you may be to someone’s wellbeing.
You may often be the only person that they see on a daily basis, so please take time to reflect on this and communicate with you clients. Always take a moment to say “ How are you “ have a chat, make sure that they have taken their medications and have a warm cup of tea and some food that is easily accessible for them.
If you are doing your job right you really will be making a world of difference to someone’s life.
You need to be well presented, able to communicate, understanding, responsible, supportive, caring, and have the right attitude.
Home and Community care work can be very rewarding and it is essential that you follow service and care plans, policies and procedures at all times. It is mandatory that you always support your clients ethically and adhere to the code of conduct you will signed.
Your consultants at Heartbeat are always happy to assist and supervise you with any information and support they can.
Highly Desirable: Second languages from diverse cultural backgrounds are in demand.
Pre requisites for employment are:
- Current full driver’s license with full access to a reliable and comprehensive insured vehicle
- Certificate III or Certificate IV in Aged Care, Home & Community Care , and Individual Support
- A mobile phone with internet access
- Relevant and recent industry experience in the provision of personal assistance and domestic support to clients living in their own homes with low and high complex care needs.
- Sound knowledge of WHS
- Understand Privacy legislation
- Current First Aid Certificate
- National Police Check
- Working with Children Clearance for paid employment
- Compliance with NSW Health Screening and be able to provide evidence of your immunisations
- Be fit for work !
Location: Inner Western Sydney, Western Sydney, South Western Sydney, Hills District, Nepean and Blue Mountains
Employment – Casual