Heartbeat is committed to the provision of support services from within a wellness framework and the National Disability Standards.
Heartbeat is seeking male and female multi skilled, flexible and motivated support workers with good communication skills and the ability to participate in problem solving with frail older people , young children, and people with a disability living in the community.
The role will involve encouraging and motivating clients to participate in their everyday activities whilst building their confidence and enabling them to remain independent. You will work in group homes , customers living in the community and living at home with their families.
Highly Desirable: Second languages from diverse cultural backgrounds are in demand.
Pre requisites for employment are:
- Relevant and recent industry experience
- Current full driver’s license with full access to a reliable and comprehensive insured vehicle
- Certificate III or Certificate IV in Disabilities, Aged Care, Home & Community Care as a minimum
- A mobile phone with internet access
- Current First Aid Certificate
- Sound knowledge of WHS
- Understand Privacy legislation
- National Police Check
- Working with Children Clearance for paid employment
- Compliance with NSW Health Screening and be able to provide evidence of your immunisations
Employment – Casual
Location: Inner Western Sydney, Western Sydney, South Western Sydney, Hills District and Blue Mountains